Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: DCS Engineer - Kemper County Generating Facility
Location: Mississippi-Kemper County
Other Locations: Mississippi-Kemper County
Job Number: MPC2000566
This position is located in DeKalb, Mississippi
Position will be filled at Exempt Level 4 - 6 depending on successful candidate.
Kemper County Generating Facility, a state of the art IGCC Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) plant located in Kemper County, MS, is currently seeking candidates for the position ofDCS Engineer. This position is accountable for providing technical direction for control systems, supporting process optimization efforts, program configuration, installation of systems, and troubleshooting system problems on distributed/process control systems. The incumbent will be responsible for providing ongoing inspection and evaluation of control systems and for determining the appropriate direction on design and performance improvements, upgrades, and other modifications to plant control systems. This individual will be a troubleshooting resource for process engineers and Operations.
* Possess a mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering degree and have a minimum of 5 yearsrecentexperience designing/programming a distributed/process control system at a power plant, IGCC, chemical plant or refinery - required
* Extensive experience in electronics, instrumentation, program configuration, PLCs and distributed/process control systems - required.
* Demonstrated experience with control systems for fixed bed catalytic reactors, multistage separation processes (stripping, scrubbing, absorption) such as acid gas removal, sulfur recovery, and/or sour water processing - preferred.
* Process integration and optimization of multistage compressors - preferred.
* Budget experience - preferred
* Project management experience - preferred
* Must be flexible, forward-thinking and strategic-minded in relation to plant control system migrations to fit the future needs of the plant
* Role model in Southern Style.
* Self-motivated, customer-focused, and having an excellent ability to work well with and develop teams.
* Ensure that all controls work is done in a safe and efficient manner maintaining a Target Zero mindset.
* Provides technical direction for the maintenance, preventive maintenance, tuning and calibration activities necessary to ensure that control systems function properly. Maintain adequate and up to date back ups of all configurations.
* Leads the design and installation of new equipment and the retrofit of existing equipment. Troubleshoot and develop solutions to repair plant control systems and system protection equipment.
* Performs periodic inspections of the control rooms to determine the status of equipment. Manage a preventive maintenance and calibration program for instrumentation and control systems. Develop and manage functional tests for control systems.
* Stays abreast of the state of the art technology, electrical equipment innovations, unit operations and maintenance procedures. Direct modifications, specifications, installation, and configuration of control systems as required.
* Provide feedback to management regarding problems associated with plant and system controls. Conduct investigations and RCAs to determine causes of trips and similar events and, when appropriate, develop measures to avoid reoccurrence.
* Must be a self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to handle complex, pressure situations and be adaptable to a changing work environment.
* Must be able to support a 24/7 schedule, including holiday and back shift work when necessary.
* Must exhibit behaviors that are described in Southern Style.
* Relocation assistance is available
* Please provide an updated resume with your job submission.
* Competitive Pay
* Excellent benefits packages which includes:
* Medical and dental coverage
* Defined Benefit Pension plan
* Performance-sharing plan
* 401(k) plan with a generous company match
* Bonus opportunities
* Tuition Reimbursement
Mississippi Power a subsidiary of Southern Company, serves southeast Mississippi. We have a history of customer and community service, economic development leadership, environmental stewardship and employee involvement.
With 4.4 million customers and more than 42,000 megawatts of generating capacity, Atlanta-basedSouthern Company(NYSE:SO) is the premier energy company serving the Southeast. A leading U.S. producer of electricity, Southern Company owns Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power, SouthernLINC Wireless and Southern Telecom. Southern Company also has a growing competitive generation company. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and retail electric prices below the national average. Southern Company is consistently listed among the top U.S. electric service providers in customer satisfaction by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).
We offer a competitive compensation package. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Operating Company: Mississippi Power Company
Work Location(s): Kemper County plant-5835 Highway 493