Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition #: 053103
Published Job Title: Production Supervisor
Plant Location Code: Batesville
Payroll Dept Code: Production Supervision
State / Province: Mississippi
Field of Interest: Manufacturing/Plant Operations: Dept Supervisor
Hourly / Salary: Salary
Shift: 2nd Shift
External Job Description: SERTA MATTRESS-NATIONAL BEDDING COMPANY
TITLE: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Responsible for the implementation of manufacturing and delivery schedules ensuring timely and efficient production of high quality bedding products at the best cost within the department and for the preservation of its assets.
*1. Organizes and supervises the daily manufacturing functions of the department ensuring timely completion of production schedules. Coordinates with the Plant Manager and other departmental Plant Supervisors in order to attain production, delivery, cost and quality objectives.
*2. Ensures production of high quality products in accordance with Serta specifications.
*3. Ensures the cost effectiveness of the production process. Controls use of raw materials, preventing all unnecessary waste; and schedules and controls utilization of labor, preventing excess hours, downtime and overtime.
*4. Monitors incentive and hourly wage systems for correct payment.
*5. Coordinates with office staff to provide information on schedule delivery and product status. Maintains information for daily management reports and prepares various other reports as required.
*6. Recruits, interviews and makes selection recommendations. Provides initial and on-going training and evaluation to assigned production personnel related to job duties and performance expectations, job processes, equipment and quality and safety programs.
*7. Fosters positive working relationships. Responds proactively to performance concerns, discipline, employee complaints and other employee relations matters.
*8. Ensures safety and health procedures are being followed in the Plant. Corrects and/or reports unsafe conditions. Coordinates with the Plant Administrator to report and investigate work related accidents and injuries on a timely basis.
Identifies systems and procedures designed to improve operations. Makes recommendations and implements new programs as needed.
Assists Plant Manager with special projects as requested.
Maintains knowledge of current trends in the field; and attends appropriate training programs to remain current on manufacturing, health and safety issues.
Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. Some college level coursework or specialized training beyond a HS diploma/HS equivalency
2. Two or more years experience in plant/manufacturing operations, with some experience in a lead role
3. Computer proficiency with intermediate MS Excel skills and internet research skills
4. Experience working with data driven measurements and metrics for functional area
5. Relevant lean manufacturing experience
1. College degree or formal vocational training in technical, business or related field
2. Familiarity with Federal, State and local health and safety regulations
1. Effective communication and interpersonal skills
2. Effective organizational and planning skills.
3. Ability to interpret and support standards, policies and procedures established by National Bedding Company, Serta Inc., Federal, State or local agencies.
Work involves exposure to usual hazards found in a manufacturing environment. Work also involves occasional lifting of product, up to 100lbs.
WORKERS SUPERVISED: Assigned production employees
SUPERVISED BY: Plant Manager
PROMOTION TO: Plant Manager
PROMOTION FROM: Plant Administrator, Purchasing Agent or Lead Production Employee